1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

2 - 5

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by thewoodlands, Jan 29, 2012.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

That's what they are calling for, past the two going for five. Today was the day the plow was coming off the truck, mother nature go figure.

zap

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Was supposed to get 2 here, the suns out go figure..............................
  3. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Thats definitely still manageable. Keep them trails clear. Nice pics. Everything is so quiet when its snowing, and you can hear it falling. Enjoy!
  4. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    Nice pics.

We have not any snow for a few weeks now.
  5. RORY12553

RORY12553 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern NY
    Crazy how the weather is so much different a few hours away from me. Im an hour north of NYC and it is going to be in the 50's most of the week.
  6. Blue Vomit

Blue Vomit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    eastern PA
    Is that Santa in the second pic?
  7. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    With the crazy weather, I bet it melts in a week or so.
    At least a few folks here with woodstoves are experiencing winter. :)
    Most have used up all their shoulder wood & only went to the good stuff because that's all they have left. Spring wood burning will be the good stuff too.

PS: keep the plow on & don't "even think about taking it off" for another 6 weeks at least :)
  8. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Sun shine here this afternoon. About 4:30 wind whipped up about 50mph I'm guessing and in 1 1/2 hours it hammered down 6" of snow and quit as fast as it started. I couldn't see 10' out the window. Little mini blizzard . Calm still and can see every star in the sky now. Prolly headed your way Zap.
  9. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    No snow here, but I was real nervous taking the plow off the truck Saturday so I could go cutting! Now I see we will be well into the 50's several times this week...weird! This weather is giving me a chance to get ahead on my firewood though, of course I have a ways to go to catch up with ya Zap.
  10. ironpony

ironpony Minister of Fire

Loc:
    mid-ohio
    supposed to reach 45 today and 59 tomorrow
    here in central Ohio
    go figure
    less than an inch of snow this year
    so far

the dogs are really missing the snow and chasing the sleds down the hill
  11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Blue Vomit, yes it is.

BogyDave, rain coming in Tuesday night or Wednesday, should make for a mess.

Lee, we did get 4-6 inches out of this, looks like I'll plow the driveway then take the plow off.

Muncybob, looks like splitting and stacking this weekend before the Super Bowl. Wish we had the wood we sold back (just over 4 cord) my neighbor told me it was to dry. Stacked for a year in what I thought was the worst place for stacking, I'm thinking he's pulling my leg so I'll find out more.

Keep plugging away ( I think Sav through that at me when I first started cutting) it all adds up. The wife did just ask me the other night how much more firewood do we need, like I say on here three more cord.

zap