1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

2 Englanders, LOVE EM!, question on settings with temp changes

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by cotton25, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cotton25

cotton25 New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    Good Morning!

We have two Englander stoves and we absolutely love them.

The second stove sets in our unfinished basement, which is a 100-125 year two story farm house. The basement has a dirt floor and stone foundation. I have the most trouble with that stove. It either over feeds and throws out charred pellets or it over feeds and burns through the entire hopper within 12 hours on a #2 setting.

How do I identity these stoves by model or year or does it make a difference? I'd like to be able to get more than 8-12 hrs from a 40lb sack. The neighbors have an Englander also and "claim" they fill every other day -- I also know their house is very tight and very small compared to ours.

I saw a post with reference to Fred -- is that the Englander Fred who used to horse around in northern Missouri? If so, HI FRED from a team roping Iowa family! We miss you and the arena!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

hi cotton , which model is the one in the basement you are having trouble with , i can probably help you with it if i can get specifics. by the way , the fred refered to in that post is one of my techs, the fred you are referring to "fred ritz' has retired , and is still in missouri and is still quite a pistol. and a good friend.
  3. cotton25

cotton25 New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    The stove in the basement is 25PDV/55-SHP22 mnfg date 05/01.

Glad to here Ritz is doing good, calling him a pistol is a nice adjective!

Cotton
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.