2 load Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chachdave

Feb 10, 2009
Southern NH
I finally got some time to post some pic`s of a craiglist score my neighbor and I have been getting. So far we have took 12 trees down all red, white oak and hickory. I got to use my father inlaw`s trailer this weekend to double take. The pics are of 1st load, hickory in trailer and red oak in truck. The 2nd load was white oak in truck and red oak in trailer no pics of that. I'm up to 3 plus cords of the good stuff my neighbor up to 7 cords. My neighbor has allot more free time and a nice HD2500. It was a good workout for my new saw Efco 956. I pick it up a month ago, brand new 2004 been sitting on dealers shelf just waiting for me. I got the saw the day before my neighbor got this score. In 3 weeks will be on vaction and will get this split and stacked for 2010/11. There is still 3 or 4 trees left to take, wait for me Bob.

Attachments

• DSCF3680.JPG
    DSCF3680.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCF3681.JPG
    DSCF3681.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 382
If that was all pine it would still be a good haul of free wood. A nice way to spend a Sunday knowing you are getting another year ahead. Next time put a pic of that saw of yours in there. I am wondering what the Efco looks like and how many cc,s.
N of 60

Nice score! And good move with the trailer! That cut your trips in half.

N of 60 got some pics of saw. Its a 56cc, with 4.1hp and it revs up to 12000 rpm. Its got some juice over my old saw poulin wildthing. I have had the poulin for 8 or so years so no complaints here. My neighbor Bob runs a johnsered 670 super and a Husky 445. I went to dealer to buy a Dolmar 5100s, but ended up bringing the Efco home along with 30 bucks in pocket. The saw has run great so far, very happy with purchase.

Attachments

• DSCF3682.JPG
    DSCF3682.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF3685.JPG
    DSCF3685.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 235
Thanx chachdave. It looks to be a comparative body shape to the Husky 272. Just a tad smaller in size. With the smaller bar you have and 4.1hp it must really rip. Nice set up and thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for the pics. Good score. Excellent equipment.
I envy your pickup / trailer combination. I had to sell my truck 3 years ago when gas went so high.
Am now driving a Jetta diesel (I travel for business - fuel costs really make a difference).
Happy burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.