1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

2 Wet Cords delivered today!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by biggins08, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggins08

biggins08 New Member

Loc:
    Springfield MA
    I had 2 cords of wood delivered today, it is all seasoned, but, the wood seems to have gotten wet recently. How long will this take to dry on average, should I complain? It's definetly not ready to burn right now for the most part, some of it is dry though.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. RoosterBoy

RoosterBoy New Member

Loc:
    CT
    unless you know the person that delivered you the wood. don't always believe that just because they say it's seasoned dose not mean it is.

some people don't even know how to tie there own shoes let alone know what seasoned wood is.

how i look at it is if the wood looks nice and new then chances are it's not seasoned.

just like if you hire a contractor and he shows up with all bran new tools get him the heck out of there you know he's no good yet.

you should see cracks in the wood and it should not be heavy in your hand.

also if you burn it and you here it sizzle then it's wet call them back and complain

thanks
    Jason
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.