20$ a truck load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Found a wood/stump recycling place near by. Talked to the owner 20$ a truck load wood is bucked into stove size pieces.
Drive up to the pile pick your pieces, pay and leave. All most seems like cheating. I seem to spend a lot of time trolling for free
wood which I do enjoying doing, but one easy load a month would be nice.

Sounds like a great deal! For $20 per load, I would get as much as I could. If you figure the work and gas you would have to put into cutting that much yourself, it's almost free.

Last year I found a guy that logged his woods and charged me $30 per load to pick up what he cut into rounds. I ended up with 3 full cords of oak for a cheap price of $120. I should of got more.

In Maryland. It will be easier then having to hurry up all the time get the free wood.

THis may give you some reference..

About 2 months ago, we had an opportunity to buy some logs on the landing from a logger friend..Told me $45 for the pile it ended up being about a 1 and 1/3 cords. Mostly maple with a little cherry, elm, ash...It was about 45 minutes round trip with the big trailer but I figured I could not get it out of the woods for that price. Could put the truck 10 ft from the pile.

Is it hardwood? cut to length is a great thing!! CONGRATS!!

John what part of Maryland are you in and what is the name of this place? I am in western MD and would be interested in some $20.00 dollar a load wood if it is not too far to drive.

Thats a pretty good deal, go for it.

North East MD by Delaware

John, could you please provide a name of the place or telephone number. It would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.