20* in michigan but stove is working great!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michpelletburner

Oct 29, 2014
Davisburg,MI
I couldn't be happier with how my stove is performing its keeping the house a toasty 70* and best of all no propane! Well except for today..... i forgot to top it off before i left this morning, o well i knew that was gonna happen one day haha. I have been using the greenway pellets they really are nice and cheap at 200 a ton, i like them better then the pres-to-logs. I know i am thankful for this forum its great!

It is heading for 10 degrees in Southern Indiana tonight. I just installed our US Stove 5660 Sat. and burned it over the weekend. Having some pellet feeding problems in the auger but might have worked through it during a good cleaning tonight and it is kicking ash now, so to speak, not to mention the wife likes the warmer feel and I am hoping to save some $$ on Elec.

10* here to for a low tonight also. Supposed to break the record low of 12 degrees set in 1880. Buurrrr! Got nailed with snow last night and today. 5"+ and it stuck! Glad your stove is treating you well. I remember when you did your install and tile work. Looks nice and now it's payback time with some cozy heat.

Hey Doug, Welcome brother! Where are you in IN. I am directly across the river from Rising Sun, IN down a bit from Lawrenceberg, IN. I did a job in Austin, IN earlier this year. Up I-65 from Louisville. Stay warm and enjoy the heat. Electric heat is crippling. Your stove will pay for itself in short order and I can relate to those crazy bills. Sucked

They are calling for 20 below zero with the windchill by morning. This sucks. It's January weather

Reactions: bags
I'm In Madison, and from your description, you might in the area of Rabbit Hash?? I boat out of Warsaw Ky in the summer so that is my weekend running area.

Reactions: bags
They are calling for 20 below zero with the windchill by morning. This sucks. It's January weather
Yes it sucks but it would suck worse without our pellet stoves lol

Isn't 20 below about when the snot in your nose freezes? Keep that up there! We rarely see below zero. The twenties are considered super cold here.

I think 12 below is when my snot starts freezing but every one is different?its only 24 here right now high winds aren't helping

Status
Not open for further replies.