20 year old stove... toasty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceisasolid

Jan 3, 2011
North Central Idaho
I am on day #2 of the Englander 24 AC. I have found without the fan running I can still keep the home warm. Currenty toasty in the basement with the stove and 76 degrees upstairs. The kids went to sleep in short sleeves.

I imagine that it will be a number of more days before I figure out the proper settings for my stove and what I hope to accomplish with burning.

The stove set for several years in a basement. When I run the fan, there is the faint smell of old burned wood. No smoke. Any idea how to clean out the blower tubes? There are 4 under the top shelf of the stove.

Thanks for reading.

When the wife and I took our daughters camping years ago, I used to park the truck with the nose facing the campfire, and about 10 feet away. For MONTHS after camping was over, I could turn on the fan in the truck, and get back that WONDERFUL smell of the campfire!!

Just think........in mid summer, when you are really missing having a fire........you can turn the blower on, and smell it again!!

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.