2013 Englander 25 PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sheepsblood

Oct 16, 2017
Maine
Problem:
Pellets feed into hopper and light off quick and easy. Then the stove feeds enough pellets to get a nice strong flame. Then the flame dies off because, not enough pellets are continuing to feed. It dies down to hot cherries and then just at that moment more pellets drop it and the cycle begins again.

Repairs Made:
This is used but, a new install. So it’s new piping. -Checked clean out and it’s clean.
-Clean and replaced ALL seals (everything) also used high temp sealant to prevent any air gaps from parts that didn’t mate properly just in case. (Except for the burn pot)

-Burn Pot replaced
- New Control Board (w/ new temp probe)
-New Convection Fan (squealed like crazy, oiled and was great but, still had a low hum noise)

Settings:
Factory reset and changed the first setting to 6 because, I figured why not. Current setting are 6,4,1 set to heat setting “C”

Anyone have a clue why it feeds enough to create a great fire and then dies back, then dumps again. Versus a steady feed of just the right amount?

If you're not using one, check to see that the thermostat jumper is in place and tight. That will cause the exact problem you describe.

Eric

If you're not using one, check to see that the thermostat jumper is in place and tight. That will cause the exact problem you describe.

Eric
Thanks for the response Eric. It’s my step-son’s stove. I built him a semi-tinyhome out back. (16x40 not so small)
Anyway, I will check it tomorrow and report back to you asap.