2014 tax credit for pellet stoves anybody heard anything fed or Mo?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffresources

Mar 3, 2014
sw missouri
Wondered if anybody has heard if they are going to re-instate the tax credit on bio-fuel (pellet) for 2014?

Missed it for 2013 since I bought in Feb 2014.

Not sure about state rebates like Missouri...probably not...anyway if anybody knows let me know.

Thanks

Sorry, the federal credit was not renewed for 2014.

Thanks Obama !!

You may fall under the energy star tax credit (upto 300 or 500), we did with our heat pump a few years ago and used the rest this past year on windows and doors. Its a shame we would have gotten 3X's that under the original Bush tax cuts.......

Thanks Obama !!

You are giving him too much credit. Congress writes the budget and the president approves it. It's civics 101. If it were purely up to Obama, I think he would have approved it. Just look at unemployment benefits. Congress doesn't want it, no matter how much Obama kicks and screams.

The president isn't all that powerful when it comes to making laws.

But for the energy tax credit, biomass appliances do not qualify as energy star.

You are giving him too much credit. Congress writes the budget and the president approves it. It's civics 101. If it were purely up to Obama, I think he would have approved it. Just look at unemployment benefits. Congress doesn't want it, no matter how much Obama kicks and screams.

The president isn't all that powerful when it comes to making laws.

But for the energy tax credit, biomass appliances do not qualify as energy star.

your speaking of how it is SUPPOSED to be......... Civics 101, when you have a president that believes in the constitution and the congressional ladder, maybe you haven't been paying attention during his administration.....
The general census of uneducated liberals is that the Bush tax cuts benefited the wealthy and ONLY the "wealthy" and that was Obama's flawed philosophy ALL through his campaign, and fought to garner support for the idea.

Reactions: Owen1508
your speaking of how it is SUPPOSED to be......... Civics 101, when you have a president that believes in the constitution and the congressional ladder, maybe you haven't been paying attention during his administration.....
The general census of uneducated liberals is that the Bush tax cuts benefited the wealthy and ONLY the "wealthy" and that was Obama's flawed philosophy ALL through his campaign, and fought to garner support for the idea.

Ok. So I hear this argument a lot. Can you point me in the direction where this process was broken? As in, the president signed something into law without the approval of both houses.

To your second point I simply don't know what the general consensus was. But it is fact that the tax cuts benefitted a majority of citizens. Typically the argument that tax cuts benefit the wealthy to a higher proportion may be true, depending on how you look at the numbers. Either way, I don't know because I haven't studied the numbers.

Asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.