2020 wood consumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 24th and I'm just over 1 full chord. Giving me chance to hit my 5 chord a season expectation. Many days have been just one full load vs 3 when Temps dip.....and they will im certain.

About 1.5 cord so far. Is first year with a new stove, but been keeping house a few degrees warmer. Last year was first year heating solely with wood and used 4-5 cord. Not enough data to know how much is average, but definitely warmer than usual.

I would say between 1/2 and 3/4 of a cord so far here, Its been a moderate start, had a few cold days, had a few warm ups so nothing truly set in stone for burning, I do see some blubs in the met world about SST in the North Pole coming the first week of Jan, usually when it warms up there, the cold will get displaced and come down here in the lower 48, we'll see how hyped it is, but Jan could potentially have to artic blasts that come with it Rockies and eastward.

Reactions: mcdougy