24 Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize there was a new show until yesterday evening and I forgot to record it when I got home. Sometimes you can watch full episodes online on Fox's website. I'll try that first. If not, there's always other means to get shows....

I'll make sure to get next week right.

Favorite bad-ass Bauer line:

"I can tell you consider yourself a pretty intimidating group. You probably think I'm at a disadvantage. I promise you, I am not."

Last edited:
Reactions: Flatbedford
I was backed up w no where to run nearly 20 years ago. 5 guys very anxious to rearrange my body parts. Told em, "Obviously I'm gonna loose this one, all I can promise you is the first one of you I get a hold of is going to the hospital with me."
It worked, they mumbled and sauntered away, I changed my shorts later.

They weren't as fortunate. Jack sent several to the hospital.

Well you guys did it. I had to go over to hulu.com and watch it. Amid 46, count'em 46, commercials. First TV show I have watched in at least four or five years.

Double 0 Bauer is a tough cookie. And for some reason now I have an earache.

Last edited:
I used to laugh at people that said they didn't watch TV. Hell, everybody watches TV. Then one day my wife asked me to name one TV show and the night it came on. Couldn't do it. ;em

Nice to see jack again. I still can't quite remember how the last season ended. I do remember him walking off, but I don't remember what got him in so much trouble.

I tried to research it here.

Henry Powell: Who are you guys? Police? FBI?
Tony Almeida: Actually, I'm currently unemployed.

My favorite tv show. Cool, clever, and campy. Love it.

I used to laugh at people that said they didn't watch TV. Hell, everybody watches TV. Then one day my wife asked me to name one TV show and the night it came on. Couldn't do it. ;em
My wife suckered me into this one. She had the tv on the moment it came on. It was entertaining in a comic hero kind of way. But it would be nice if there was a different plot (save the President) from the last umpteen episodes.

I think I just quit watching after we moved here since OTA reception is so bad and I refused to pay the price when they brought cable out here four years after we built the house. First they left a coil of cable in the high grass at the end of the driveway that took me four hours to cut out of the mower deck :mad: and then years later they ditchwitched all the way up to the house ripping up the whole front yard and laid cable while I was at work when I hadn't ordered it . Didn't have them take it back out when I realized that if I had ordered it they would have charged six hundred bucks for the 1,000 foot cable run. ;lol It is still there.

The 24 thing was good fun to watch because they used every high tech angle but the guy that gets it done is in tennis shoes with a Glock. Dirty Harry Does London. Since 1972 everybody has been trying to out Dirty Harry Harry Callahan.

I expected to hear "I know what you're thinking Pres. Did I stop nine drones or just eight. Well to tell you the truth in all the excitement I lost count myself. So the question you have to ask yourself Mr. President is 'Do you I feel lucky.' Well do you Pres.'".

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Splurged and spent the $3.98 to watch on Amazon. Commercial free, worth the money to avoid the commercials.

When the series was on regularly I watched it first couple seasons and then realized they used the same script with only minor changes year after year, got too predictable. It's been a few years, similar plot, still interesting, good "die hard" type of action. That stuff never gets old.

I only pay for the very basic 19 channels of cable, basic networks, since there is no OTA signal available here. Only show time and day I know is big bang theory repeats daily from 7-8 pm on fox.

Only show time and day I know is big bang theory repeats daily from 7-8 pm on fox.
Me too! And the new ones on Thursday. And lately, Agents of Shield. I mourn the discontinuation of Seinfeld reruns, but, I digress.

When the series was on regularly I watched it first couple seasons and then realized they used the same script with only minor changes year after year, got too predictable. It's been a few years, similar plot, still interesting, good "die hard" type of action. That stuff never gets old.

The real question is - Will Jack make it with Chloe now that she's gone punk? Will he be able to calm her ever fretful eyebrows?

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Wife & I were glued to the original. Now I figure, "Hey, if you've seen one day in Jack Bauer's life, you've pretty much seen 'em all." Besides, I have no CATV anymore, and haven't hooked up my new Roku yet. I don't care much about TV. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.