1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

25-PAH T-Stat Question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by SteveB, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SteveB

SteveB Member

Loc:
    South Central PA.
    Good evenin' all. I'm thinking about buying a 25-PAH but I still have a question after reading the manual and searching threads on this extremely informative forum! If the stove is in the On-Off mode and the stat stops calling for heat, will the stove go into shutdown mode right away or is there a time delay to see if the stat contacts close again?

I've learned a lot about my stoves and other ones from all of you, thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Yes there is a short delay....I'm guessing it will be about a minute.

Just curious....getting the stove from Andy at AMFM Energy??
  3. SteveB

SteveB Member

Loc:
    South Central PA.
    Thanks Imacman. If I do buy one it will more than likely be either a refurbed or new one from Andy. I love my 25-PVDC and hate to sell it but my Brother-In-Law wants it ;lol
  4. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    the stove will "revert" to shutdown in about 30 seconds from the stat circuit opening. also when its coming back on theres a slight delay. its normal.
  5. SteveB

SteveB Member

Loc:
    South Central PA.
    Ok thanks guys! It seems from reading other stoves manuals that some of them will go to low burn for 30 or 45 minutes before going into shutdown. I didn't really want that so the 25-pah should work well for me.