25-pdvc/55-shp10 feed auger problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ed Churilla

May 14, 2013
pittsburgh PA
the top feed auger works for about 30-45 mins after start up, but will stop working and won't feed. It's not jammed up it's free to move. I did a reset hoping that would cure, but it didn't. Any suggestions--maybe the top auger motor is failing? Is there a way to test or troubleshoot? Thx in advance

Make up a lamp cord with spade terminals on the ends. Plug it in a outlet and see if it runs. Should run continuous. This will rule out a control board issue.While you are at it, time it. It should be 1rpm

That may very well be your problem.

Make up a lamp cord with spade terminals on the ends. Plug it in a outlet and see if it runs. Should run continuous. This will rule out a control board issue.While you are at it, time it. It should be 1rpm
Smoke I have to disagree with part of your statement hear. You are correct with testing the motor with a lamp cord but it definitely will NOT rule out the control board with that test . That will only test the function of the motor. Sorry Bud.

Good catch. I said that backwards. Ha ha. I meant that will rule out a bad motor. Looks like he did it an even easier way. Swap the leads. Well played

Reactions: Pellet rick