harman pf100 auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jrjr

Dec 2, 2023
Wisconsin
i have a harman pf100 and it will not feed. the auger motor itself is only a year old and i know it works because i ran it right to an outlet and it spins. it also spins while it is in the pellet stove with pellets so its not jammed. both wires going to the motor have 120v. i cleaned the whole furnace, took the exhaust apart and everything. the low pressure switched is jumped. the light comes on and off when it should be feeding. ive read that when put into test mode it should feed but that doesnt work either. the only thing i can think of is the circuit board itself but was looking for some input. thanks.

Does the auger motor turn in test mode? If so, is the retainer screw securing the auger to the motor tight?
no it wouldnt turn in test mode either. switched the white and sky blue wires around on the high limit switch and it started working. not sure if it was just a coincidence or what since it was working fine before.

I wonder if the high-limit switch on your furnace has failed or is out of adjustment. If the switch indicates an overheat condition it will shut the pellet feed down. Read this thread.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/harman-pf100-settings.77342/#post-982642
i checked the adjustment according to the manual and it is correct but you are right about it failing. When it stops i can hit and it will start working again. Tried blowing that tube out before so it must just be something in the switch itself. Thanks!

i checked the adjustment according to the manual and it is correct but you are right about it failing. When it stops i can hit and it will start working again. Tried blowing that tube out before so it must just be something in the switch itself. Thanks!
Always happy when I can help another Badger!

Reactions: jrjr