25 PDVC Auger problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schoondog

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
dutchess county, n.y.
Posting this for a buddy. I believe he has a 25PDVC and several times the upper auger has stopped and the stove shuts off.. Once I believe the auger motor failed and Englander sent him a new one which he replaced. He has mentioned the set screw several times. He cleans the fines from the pellets and this alleviates the problem. Seems there is a build up on the auger. I mentioned he should change pellets, right now he is burning ACP. I can't get to his place due to work issues so I told him I would post his problem here and see what happens. Perhaps someone has a fix? Thanks in advance.

Schoondog

if he has a new stove it could be the hopper lid switch to they can bend and cause you greef

schoondog said:
Posting this for a buddy. I believe he has a 25PDVC and several times the upper auger has stopped and the stove shuts off.. Once I believe the auger motor failed and Englander sent him a new one which he replaced. He has mentioned the set screw several times. He cleans the fines from the pellets and this alleviates the problem. Seems there is a build up on the auger. I mentioned he should change pellets, right now he is burning ACP. I can't get to his place due to work issues so I told him I would post his problem here and see what happens. Perhaps someone has a fix? Thanks in advance.

Schoondog

A dumb question maybe , but is he aware that the top auger runs intermittently? (About 3-4 sec on and 11-13 sec off) depending on feed rate..

He could screen his pellets to keep the dust out. I know a guy that mad screen out of his widow screen and two 5 gallon buckets.

Thanks folks. I will try to get more info tonight. I believe he knows that fines are the problem because he is very careful about emptying the bags. He has to remove auger? to clean it. Well I know he has to remove pellets, and clean to get stove going again. I'm gonna get more info and he is supposed to bring in his manual so I can read and try to help. Thanks again.

Schoondog

It is possible the auger shaft is slightly bent, or auger bearing worn from a previous jam. Have him check for any slop in the auger bearing, and for a straight auger shaft by rolling it on a flat surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.