25 PDVC on a thermostat on level 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
I have a question regarding running a 25 PDVC on a thermostat. I know that the LFF and LBA settings only affect heat settings 1 and 2. I also know that when running on a thermostat, the stove runs at the preset heat setting when the thermostat calls for heat, and then defaults to the level 1 setting when the thermostat is not calling for heat. My question is, when I have the stove set to run on heat setting 2, will the LFF and LBA settings I have of (3-6-1) affect the stove when heat is called for, or will it run on the default level 2 setting (6-4-1)? Do you understand what I am asking?

hey CJ,

i replied to your PM but im going to post the same response in the thread as well in case others have the same question:

"whether on a stat or not , the settings you have on the bottom 3 buttons will act the same , your “low burn” settings (1 and 2 on the heat range) are affected the same way by the 3 button settings on a stat or not. so if your low burn is acceptable to you where you are curently set , i’d leave the settings there"

Thanks Mike for your super fast response.

Status
Not open for further replies.