250 gal LP tank on end ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webie

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2009
Wisconsin
Just wondering if any one has stood one these on end and if they will fit standing on a truck rim in a 8 ft ceiling . I know the tank dimensions are like about 92 inches long but its to close to call whether it will work or not .
Maybe someone might know how much extra it added to a 500 standing on end , if no one has done it to a 250 .
Thanks
Webie

I've got a 250 on end that I'm using for my expansion tank. I have a truck rim welded on the bottom but don't know off hand how tall it is. It will make a difference on the dia. of the rim. If you can't get a rim to fit maybe you can make a ring to the size you need and weld that on. Or something I also thought of was to take a plate and set the tank on it and weld legs to the tank and plate. The rim works really well as I could tap the bottom and put a 3/8 valve for a drain in case I ever needed to.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.