2700i combustion monitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DGO157

Oct 31, 2023
Colorado
We purchased a 2700i about a year and a half ago, and while we enjoy it, it seems to have a few flaws. The unit itself will burn nowhere near through the night and it tends to build excessive amounts of creosote, even with three year old aspen.

That said, the combustion monitor appears to have decided to quit on us and now upon starting, he's stuck saying "HI". Is there another monitor that will plug right in that may be more reliable than the 911-185?

Did you check the long i2700 thread for tips?
The issue could be strong draft. How tall is the liner on this insert? There is an air restrictor that should be in place on this insert to tame the burn. The other issue could be the firewood splits are too small. Burning thicker 5-8" thick splits will slow the fire down.