Piazzetta Sabrina

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

devo1052

Jan 9, 2024
Missouri
Hey all,

I’m brand new to this site, and brand new to the pellet stove world. I’m hoping the experts and knowledgeable folks here can lend a hand. I’ll apologize in advance for the long post or if I’ve posted this in error somehow.

Recently purchased a house and moved in. It came with a Piazzetta Sabrina pellet stove (Unknown year). I’ve spent quite a bit of time reading the threads, researching, and watching YouTube in an attempt to find answers to my questions. They are as follows:

1. Control panel. Buttons 1 & 2 (Room temp controls). The 1st button (-) doesn’t respond when you push it. The second button (+) simply lowers the temp when it should be raising the temp. How do I fix that?

2. Stove Status within the options menu: I have three error codes/messages. They are as follows:

03.3 “Loading auger”
1960 “RPM smoke fan”
“Probe smoke” (With no number in front of it)

How do I clear these codes?

I have taken it completely apart and thoroughly cleaned and inspected everything. The stove works great. The default room temp setting when it is plugged in is 67F. As stated earlier, I cannot raise it higher, and if I try, the + button simply lowers the temp. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it resets to 67F.

Once the stove cycles through the startup sequence and gets to temp, a fan starts and hot air starts to come out of the top grate. By sound, it appears to be on the lowest setting and I can feel the heat from approximately 3 feet away. I will frequently hear a second fan come on for approximately 1-2 seconds before it shuts off and suspect it has something to do with one or more of the error codes listed above.

While the probe in the exhaust pipe is clean, I’m starting to suspect it may need to be replaced, if that is in fact the smoke probe.

I have factory reset the stove and have cold tested the auger and fan individually. Both work fine during the cold test and the fan that comes on during the test sounds like the one that kicks on in 1-2 second intervals but I could be wrong. The auger also consistently feeds pellets, which puzzles me even more.

We really enjoy the stove in its current working condition however; I’m quite confident it is not working to its full potential. Can anyone chime in and help a newbie out? The manual is of little help. Any info is appreciated.