-29° C (-20°F); Full Load of Yellow Birch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't know how cold some of ya'll be getting these days, but up here in New Brunswick (just north of Maine) we'll be seeing -29 ° C (-20.2°F) tonight. I'm hoping this nice load of dry yellow birch will keep me cruising at 22°C until 6:00 tomorrow morning, without the need for any heat pump backup!

20220126_184805.jpg Screenshot_20220126-185318_Weather Network.jpg

Wow. Only 14 here, which is not as cold as the 10 or so earlier, but it's cold for here.

I'll be loading up the stove with red oak later tonight.

Reactions: kcmclellan
I'm in manitoba and I have my weather station in farenheit. We have been dealing with brutally cold temps.i mix pine and birch for overnight burns

20220120_070014.jpg

I'm in manitoba and I have my weather station in farenheit. We have been dealing with brutally cold temps.i mix pine and birch for overnight burns

View attachment 290765
Boy's oh boy's, that's some serious cold! BAM!!! I hope you're cooking with yellow birch rather than the white stuff??? But then again, I shouldn't be a wood snob... the bottom line is, you burn what you've got to burn, and that's all I gotta say about that. 😊

Reactions: marty319
You guys can keep it for a change. We had -30 to -40 between Christmas and New Years, even one day at -44.

Normally I like winter, but this year spring can't come soon enough.

You guys can keep it for a change. We had -30 to -40 between Christmas and New Years, even one day at -44.

Normally I like winter, but this year spring can't come soon enough.
Um sorry, I don't think I want anything to do with -30's to -40's. I don't think I could handle that kind of Christmas present! You must take it back! But I agree with you: come on Spring! Hurry, please...
🙄🤪🙄