3/4 x 1/16 CAT gasket interam wrap for GM 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinwarmer

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2020
SE PA
Good Day, cleaned my CAT's the other day and the wrapping looks a bit torn up. I can not find the proper size after numerous searches. Hearthstone #3160-080 seems to be listed in some docs. I did find a 2 x 1/16 inch on the web. Can this material width be cut easily with no damage? I would rather get the proper gasket if possible. Thanks for any guidance or web site of a known supplier.

Dave

The expanding cat gasket material is very easy to cut cleanly. Box knife, scissors, would be my tools of choice.

Sounds good...I only found one place on the web that has it and listed at 2 inch diameter. The dealership is unreasonable with their pricing, as much as I want to support them.

Sounds good...I only found one place on the web that has it and listed at 2 inch diameter. The dealership is unreasonable with their pricing, as much as I want to support them.

Did you try midwest hearth on amazon? I've been buying prewrapped cats from them and I believe that they also sell the gasket by the foot. 2$ per foot or so.

THANKS!! I thought I had searched well but seems I missed the midwest product. They do have a 2 inch piece that I just ordered. The gasket that is on the CAT from Hearthstone is only 3/4 of an inch, so I may cut this or just leave the extra along the outside of the CAT. Thanks again for pointing me to midwest.

Dave

Reactions: Highbeam