3" or 4" vent for corn/pellet stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsavage

Oct 12, 2009
Southern Utah
US Stove 6041i
Manual says to use 4" if your altitude is over 2500 ft. I'm sitting just under 6000 ft. However, I can't find a CornVent™ kit in 4" diameter. I can find a duravent "multi-fuel" kit in 4", but from what I understand, those will still corrode if I burn corn. How big of a deal is it if I use the 3" kit instead of a 4"?

If it was me, I would go with the 4" and end up replacing it every 3-10 years. Just pull it out and check it after each season. I would feel very good about using the Duravent product. Talk to a Hearth Retailer, I know "Cringe alert, he may try to make a profit off me and keep himself in business so he can be there for us to answer questions and provide answers in the future" that sell Duravent and ask him his opinion on the product. He should be familiar with corn burning issues in your altitude

Best to play by the book! Your stove will run better.

The new pellet vent and Pellet vent pro have the same construction as far as I know. PelletVent is 3 inches to combustables and PelletVent Pro is rated for 1" to Combustables. That is the difference.

Eric at Kingsman stoves can help you if you prefer the PelletVent Pro. Email is [email protected]

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.