30NCH Full Load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike M.

Feeling the Heat
Mar 18, 2012
Green Bay, WI
Here is a pic of my first 30NC full load. Last year I was using mostly eco bricks due to moving and not having good wood. I didn't want to do a full load of bricks. Looks like snow here in WI with cold temps coming next week. Bring some wood in before it snows!

20161209_154024_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great to me. I just bought one two weeks ago. After 30 years burning a large huntsman. I love it. Hope to use a lot less wood.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of my first 30NC full load. Last year I was using mostly eco bricks due to moving and not having good wood. I didn't want to do a full load of bricks. Looks like snow here in WI with cold temps coming next week. Bring some wood in before it snows!

View attachment 189834
Back in the day I had that stove,it through out heat like hell,but sure ate the wood,one winter I went through almost eight cords. Hope your scenario is better,but still a solid heat machine.

View attachment 189834
IMG_0086.JPG
Got my supply ready! Just did a full load for the first time this year yesterday.

Cheers to you! She really likes 700.

Attachments

• barnstove.JPG
    barnstove.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 171
Back in the day I had that stove,it through out heat like hell,but sure ate the wood,one winter I went through almost eight cords. Hope your scenario is better,but still a solid heat machine.

You burned 8 cord in a 30 nc in one winter?

I heated my entire 1800sq/ft house with just the stove last winter November through April and only burned 4 cord. Went 46 days without having to restart it.

Looks great to me. I just bought one two weeks ago. After 30 years burning a large huntsman. I love it. Hope to use a lot less wood.
You will!

You burned 8 cord in a 30 nc in one winter?

I heated my entire 1800sq/ft house with just the stove last winter November through April and only burned 4 cord. Went 46 days without having to restart it.

I pushed over 7 cords through the side door of a 2.3 c.f. modern hearthstone heritage about 9 years ago. 8 through an nc30 seems reasonable if the load is big and long.

One upgrade I did this year was going to the larger Englander fan system. The new fan is way better than the little one that came with the stove. I usually only run the fan on medium or low but the larger fan moves a larger volume of air, heating up the basement area quickly.

Reactions: Snotrocket
One upgrade I did this year was going to the larger Englander fan system. The new fan is way better than the little one that came with the stove. I usually only run the fan on medium or low but the larger fan moves a larger volume of air, heating up the basement area quickly.

Is there a link to this fan on Englanders site? Is it any quieter?

Is there a link to this fan on Englanders site? Is it any quieter?

The larger fan is located in the parts store at Englanders website. It is quiet at lower speeds. One nice thing is if the stove gets away on you a little you can really crank this fan up and cool it off. On high it kind of sounds like a mini vacuum cleaner.

Reactions: Snotrocket
I installed a fan that is much more capable than even the large model blower. That plus a convection deck really change the output of the nc30.

Reactions: brushcll
Status
Not open for further replies.