33 gallons of this stuff what do i do with it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dump it in the lawn spreader and spread it instead of lime. Just be sure to not apply too heavily and wear OLD shoes when doing it.

PyMS said:
Haven't seen anyone suggest yet to partly replace Portland cement with fly or wood ash.

There is a lot of information about this on the web and it seems to be one of these "double or triple whammy" applications.

Haven't had enough wood ash to dispose of to try it myself. However, besides disposing of the ash, it may reduce the amount of Portland cement needed (supposedly a big source atmospheric CO2 during the production process); and is said to produce a cement with several desirable properties (e.g. higher R values).

Henk

Great idea! What about its use in straw-bale stucco or rammed-earth applications? Anyone familiar with these processes? I seem to recall that straw-bale stucco has been made, among other things, of lime and fly ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.