1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

3rd season osburn 45 had to replace auger motor

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by dave1966, Jan 1, 2011.

1. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    stove ran out of pellets filled hopper and started. stove wouldnt feed pellets only code i got was an L that means lighting issue, igniter was lighting( well no kidding if the pellet arnt dropping not gonna light) so thats not much help called store i bought it from $150 just for them to come look at it couldnt swing that with wife not working and x=mas took shot in the dark got a new auger motor and installed it this morning and back in action hope this one last a little longer.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

That's quite a coincidence that the auger motor went bad at the exact same moment it ran out of pellets.

Have you tried hooking 120vAC from an old lamp cord to the old auger motor to see if it really won't turn?
  3. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    i tryed while it was still wired to stove and unhooked from auger un hooked it put new one on tryed it turned no prob