1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

4.80-8NHS tires, good, bad, n' ugly- what are the best ones?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Beetle-Kill, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    My mower needs new tires. Sidewall rot has taken it's toll. It's bad enough that I don't want to put tubes in these tires. I would foam-fill them if that was an economical option.
    mower is a Troy-Bilt 33" deck.
    Thanks- JB

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ironpony

ironpony Minister of Fire

Loc:
    mid-ohio
    not sure which are best but, I was told do not go the cheap route as the front tires take alot of abuse.
    I like Carlisle brand seems to be good quality , good price.
    I bought some Kenda recently, seem to be good tires
    just came packed, squished flat for shipping
    were really tough to mount
  3. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    I have Kenda tires on my Simplicity. They seem to be decent quality, wearing well and not cracking yet after 6 years. I do store it indoors, so it doesn't get a lot of UV rays.
  4. Beetle-Kill

Loc:
    I checked out - tires-easy.com- and found some Nanco tires for about $15 each. The S/H jumps that by another $10+ per tire to my doorstep. Seems a bit excessive, but what do I know, right?
    Nanco tires, I have no clue about these things. And then there's the mounting issue.....really not looking forward to that battle. Ideas??
    Thanks, JB
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

You have a Tractor Supply near you Beetle Kill? They have been a good source for me for inexpensive tires.
  6. Beetle-Kill

Loc:
    Closest TSC is about an hour and a half away. I'll probably have to go the on-line route, the gas alone to get there and back would exceed the S/H costs.
    Thanks, JB
  7. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Try your local automotive tire guy. He may have what you need or be able to get them. He may even include mounting if you buy from him.
    PapaDave likes this.