4 Million Bucks and Heats 1,000 Sq. Ft.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want mine in PLATINUM on the inside and out...one big catalyst!

Backwoods Savage said:
I wonder what 3 month old oak would burn like in that gold thing?

Probably pretty good. With the emissivity of gold plate being about 0.03 compared to a flat black stove at 0.95, that expensive beauty is gonna have a real hard time getting that heat to radiate out. Should have an internal temperature to match its price... about 4 million degrees.

Battenkiller said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Should have an internal temperature to match its price... about 4 million degrees.

You would have to rename it Blaze King to get those temps out of it.

Interesting that for a company selling a product at 1000 times the average cost of the market, their website is crap.

http://uk.iron-dog.com

Oh, and unbelievably, that's not the ugliest stove in their line...

I'm LOL because I was just about to post a comment to a thread about chimney pipe in which a fellow was advised to go the more expensive route simply based on "you get what you pay for".

I wonder whether that addage applies here?

"Hello, Allstate?"

"Yeah somebody broke into my house and stole the wood stove."

"Four million."

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

Ya'know.... The stoves are not that bad, if you can tolerate or appreciate Post-Modernism, but they got a really drugged out weirdo doing the names. I have a fairly good grasp of the English language, but ....."decampment to joy", what the hell is that. The common use of decampment to me is the pulling up of stakes and moving the tents. I have no idea what that name means or refers to or how it is being used. A quick trip to the dictionary didn't help except the middle french origin.... (too many truffles?). Castings are unusual, but the pricing for foiling is absurd.

It did get them some airtime on the Hearth, but Jotuls they are not.

Battenkiller said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Probably pretty good. With the emissivity of gold plate being about 0.03 compared to a flat black stove at 0.95, that expensive beauty is gonna have a real hard time getting that heat to radiate out. Should have an internal temperature to match its price... about 4 million degrees.

An excellent point, but easily solved by painting it black.

Status
Not open for further replies.