1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

$40 burning a hole in my pocket - update with urgent CL ads

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Danno77, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meathead

meathead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    2nd one looks perfect to me

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    I'm aiming to buy both at this point I think. I worked out a deal with the smaller stove's seller. if it passes my inspection I'll have it for $60. I can't imagine it won't pass my inspection. $60 aint an awesome deal, but it's close enough that I won't have too much buyers remorse. I'll have to clean it up and get some stove cement, i figure.

Seller of the box stove said that someone is coming to look at it today. he is to call or email me if he doesn't get it sold. I think I can probably use one in the small new shed and one in the "Phoenix" that I talked about before.

Stoves will be the cheap part (as always) its the chimneys and fixens that usually break the bank, lol.
  3. meathead

meathead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Be funny as he11 to get yourself a nice safe stove...and then conceal it in a rusty old 50 gallon drum

would anyone else get the joke? I doubt it - but you'd laugh every time you watched someone run for cover as you loaded 'er up and threw in a match
  4. crazy_dan

crazy_dan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
  5. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    darn. Both stoves sold. I even called the guy with the "rancher" looking one. He had it for about 30 years, so probably not a vogelzang. We worked out a deal that I'd give him a call when I was in the area and I could come over to look at it and if I liked what I saw then i'd give him 60 for it. Well, I should have committed to the sale because I got a call from his wife when i was on my way to see it, she had just sold it! I drove my stupid Jeep all the way to indianapolis instead of the 27mpg car because of this. Well, at least the jeep is way more comfortable....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.