40 foot pine logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
How does this look? Good Deal? How long would pine need to season before burning?

"Will be cutting about 40 logs, 40 ft long , 12-18 inches on my land shortly, which can be used for log home building or whatever you need it for. Will cut and remove branches for you, may be able to transport them. Wanting $100 a log. Come take a look""

Burnable next year but a $100/log is a lot of dough.

SolarAndWood said:
Burnable next year but a $100/log is a lot of dough.

Yeah, he's pricing it for building logs. What do you think would be a good offer to use the logs as firewood?

How many 40 feet logs at 12 to 18 inches would it take to make a cord?

Even if they are a cubic foot per linear foot on average, you are talking about $300/cord for pine. I burn pine but don't think I would ever pay for it. It depends on what you have access to.

SolarAndWood said:
Even if they are a cubic foot per linear foot on average, you are talking about $300/cord for pine. I burn pine but don't think I would ever pay for it. It depends on what you have access to.

I think I'll let him know that I will be happy to clear out, as a favor to him, any logs that remain unsold.

That sounds like your best plan on those logs Kenster. Keep looking and hopefully you'll find some good stuff.

he may end up with a lot of wood that isn't straight enough to be useful as a building log. Maybe you can get that free or cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.