1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

400 thousand without power

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by wardk, Feb 9, 2013.

1. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    Are you wood guys staying warm?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Downeast Farmer

Downeast Farmer New Member

57 F, but at it since 3 am to get there; holding down furniture that would otherwise blow away. Some storm.
  3. Fred61

Fred61 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern Vt.
    EKO 25 in basement with 500 gallons of 180 degree storage, radiant floors, super insulated, thermostats set at 70, super tight and no oil burner roaring in the basement. With that combination you don't even get a hint of what's going on outside. With boiler shut down at 9 PM last night and storage at 184, I checked the tank temperature when I went to the basement to retrieve my gloves from the glove drying rack aka bypass pipe and it read 162 degrees.
    Taylor Sutherland likes this.
  4. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I got my firing rhythm out of synch yesterday when I made one on mid-morning on the way out for a few hours. I knew things would be on the cool side by the time I got back. That meant I went to be last night with storage at 190 & no fire in the boiler - which led to storage at 140 when I got up an hour ago. First time I've burned before eating breakfast with this thing. Still have power.
  5. JP11

JP11 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I haven't been all the efficient. I was around all day and kept throwing in a few sticks at a time. I've kept the tanks between 175 and 195 all day. Bumping on idle all the time.. but the zones keep calling often, so it's not idling long.

Still got line power. Kohler is ready if that goes. Plowed the drive a few times yesterday, about 8 inches. This morning was another foot plus. Still blowing and drifting a bunch.

You all stay safe. Work slow. Shoveling isn't worth a heart attack.

JP