5 pulls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
Fired up my saw for the fisrt time in months to take down some dead Poplars. Put it on full choke and expected to hear a burb on the second pull but after 3 pulls, still nothing. Started thinking maybe time for a new Stihl. Moved it to half choke and got a burb. One more pull and she was cutting like a hot knife through butta.

Maybe next year.

LLigetfa said:
Fired up my saw for the fisrt time in months to take down some dead Poplars. Put it on full choke and expected to hear a burb on the second pull but after 3 pulls, still nothing. Started thinking maybe time for a new Stihl. Moved it to half choke and got a burb. One more pull and she was cutting like a hot knife through butta.

Maybe next year.

Getfa I have the 310 and 390, the 310 always starts with less pulls then the 390.

zap

Partner 420 be pretty hard to replace unless you set into a ms441 or bigger.....Dought you will ever kill that thing.

Ja, I stimulated the economy a bit. One of the trees had snapped off half way up by the wind and it hit the clothesline. Put a new turnbuckle on it to tighten it up.

As for a replacement, while the Partner 420 is 65cc, it's only 4HP so a 362 would be a closer match than the 441, but hey... go big or go home!

I guess I won't be going big this year. She started on the first pull today. Took down a dying Ash. I've got a pair of big Aspens in the back yard that are half dead that I've been procrastinating taking down. If only they were half decent for firewood, it would increase my incentive. These are in the middle of the yard and I'd have to deal with the stumps. Normally I would dig around the stump and cut the roots letting the weight of the tree pull the stump out but these are leaning the wrong way to do it that way. Might have to hire a stump grinder for them. That would be a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.