550xp used price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slacker

Jan 5, 2016
NE Tennessee
I have the opportunity to purchase a slightly used Husky 550xp for $475. The owner said it was used to cut one limb. The photos of it look great. Is this a fair price? What should I look for when examining the saw?

Even if it's in mint condition, $475 is at the very top end of what he can hope to get for it. If he's aiming for a local sale, then it's a Hail Mary price, not where he'll likely end up.

Reactions: woodhog73
Seems a little suspicious he paid all that money for a saw to cut one limb

Reactions: woodhog73
Those are my thoughts as well. Hopefully he has the paperwork to back it up.That was one expensive branch to cut off.

Offer 400

Reactions: D8Chumley
I will offer like others said a lower price. One of the good thing with that one, is the autotune. That take in somehow the control out of the user of being tuning the carburetor too rich/too lean, causing internal damage in case of he use it more than what he said. Unless he run bad gas, but still, autotune help on that too a little.

I will say, if he give it to you for $475 including the case too, I will buy it. But that just me.

I've cut a lot with my 550 and I personally like it. His story seems off but in the pictures it looks mint. As long as it wasn't straight gassed I think the $400 -$425 range is fair, a bit more if he's tossing in the case and b&c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon1270
You can get a new one for $500 if you look for it. The fact your willing to buy used tells me your not concerned with dealer support ? If that's the case you can get new online for the same price. My Jonsered dealer is selling brand new 2253s ( identical saw in red instead of orange ) for $500 with an extra chain. So I'm thinking you can score a similar deal on a brand new 550.

Last edited:
Reactions: D8Chumley