6" poly chimney brush, rutland 16906 or pb-6 stiff poly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Dec 31, 2007
Ok, I've searched around some and I've narrowed down my selections to these two brushes to clean my simpson triple wall 6" stainless pipe. It's a straight run and I'm comfortable on the roof so that's not much of an issue. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these brushes? The PB-6 is about 5x the price of the 16906. I don't mind paying the extra money if it's worth it, but I'll also have to get new rods if I get the PB-6, for the 16906 I can borrow my dad's. So is it worth it to upgrade to the PB-6? Does it clean better?

The 16906 shouldnt cost more than $20 I'm guessing. If it was me, I would by the cheaper poly brush, clean the chimney and see how it looks after.

I believe to PB-6 is about $30 +/-...
You won't hafta get new rods...
Go to a hardware store or Cheapo Depot & check the plumbing section...
The brushes & rods have a pipe thread on em & you can get a cheap
- maybe a buck - cast iron reducing coupling that'll make your connection secure...

We have used both brushes on our 6" Simpson double wall. The 16906 was so difficult to pull through we only used it once. And my hubby can bench 300#, so he's no lightweight. We got the PB-6 and it's much easier to pull through and cleans great.

Status
Not open for further replies.