6" SS flex $$ing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
Pricing to have my insert installed, local dealer quoted $650.00 labour, + $15./per foot for SS flex, and $150.00 for cap and stove attachments.!!!
Yikes

I was only pricing because I have very little spare time right now to do it, but I will do it myself (have done several before don't worry) at that price!! Does that seem alot of $$ for an install or is it just me?
Main question, I am in Ontario, any links to better pricing on the SS flex?

I paid $1300 for two sweeps (lincenced, certified) to clean fireplace/chimney, install 25' 6" ss liner and then move new stove from garage into fireplace and hook it all up. It took them 4 hours so that's a total of 8 man hours. I'm not sure what the cost of the flex liner was but I would have to think the install was around $700 and the liner was around $600.

that is high!! i was quoted $400 for the install of the liner AND parts for the stove. the install also would have required them to insulate the ss. now, $15/ft is a good price for the liner, perhaps you should consider getting the liner from him and just do it yourself!! is insulation going to be required? that is atleast another $150. get another quote or just do it yourself, $650 is too high. i thought $400 was high but then the installer reminded me what kind of liability he would assume and how much his high risk insurance was to cover his work, so that put the price into perspective to me and i decided that it was worth the money!!

I think thats very high.

I payed around $400 to $500 for 15' of 6" ss liner, + rain cap, + top plate seal+ some 45's for the dampener + the install of my insert & liner.

mainstation said:
Pricing to have my insert installed, local dealer quoted $650.00 labour, + $15./per foot for SS flex, and $150.00 for cap and stove attachments.!!!
Yikes

I was only pricing because I have very little spare time right now to do it, but I will do it myself (have done several before don't worry) at that price!! Does that seem alot of $$ for an install or is it just me?
Main question, I am in Ontario, any links to better pricing on the SS flex?
Are you speanking American dollars or Ruplies? Thats double what we charge but if you didn't buy the stove from them, that would explain it. Our installation dept is something like 3 weeks out so we won't even take jobs like that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.