6" Telescoping Single Wall Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is 11" the final fit length?
If so, any length over 11" should work, altho you may have
to put the slip on BEFORE you have everything else in place...

Reactions: Squisher
The piece normally comes with a class a chimney.

For short pieces, you're probably going to have to cut down a piece of longer singlewall pipe. After that, you can choose to crimp an end and save the factory cut end for the part that shows, or use the factory crimped side, and leave your cut at the top.

I've cut it with a sawzall, snips, and angle grinder. Snips is my least favorite option.

Good luck!

"The piece normally comes with a class a chimney."

I disagree Matt. Many installs have a slip in the connector pipe, whether double or single wall. It makes disassembly IN THE HOUSE much easier.
Slips come in varying lengths, but they are usually in 6" increments. starting at 12". If the OP can get an 18" slip onto his existing connector, it would probably be ideal. I wouldn't trust a 12" slip in that situation. It's leave only 1/2" on either end for the screws...

Reactions: Squisher
I learn something new every day!

I have a telescoping piece protruding from my ceiling at the cabin. Didn't know they came on their own! Thankya!

Reactions: DAKSY