6000tr-oak DV blocked orfice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Puzzle33

Apr 20, 2024
Tennessee
I have a heat n glo 6000tr-oak ng dv fire place that won’t light (consistently). I’ve confirmed the valve works and have gotten the fire place to light once but it was very delayed with a big pop. I vacuumed out the holes the best I could but the burner section closest to the pilot is still clogged (I believe) . Do I need to take this burner apart or or is there something else I can do? I’m hesitant to stick a cue tip in as I may make the clog worse? We are trying to get this fixed after a home inspection but I can’t get anyone to return my calls so I’m kinda stuck doing it myself for now. Anything I’m missing?

Thanks!

I believe you will have to remove the burner & burner orifice. That’s where the blockage will be in 99% of these instances. Spiders tend to build there nest in that location. Use a Qtip, but swirl it when you insert it. The nest will wrap around it. Let us know if this works…

I believe you will have to remove the burner & burner orifice. That’s where the blockage will be in 99% of these instances. Spiders tend to build there nest in that location. Use a Qtip, but swirl it when you insert it. The nest will wrap around it. Let us know if this works…
How does the brick burner come apart. I don’t see screws.

Not sure, but there are probably recessed holes for the retaining screws. Can you post a picture here?

Not sure, but there are probably recessed holes for the retaining screws. Can you post a picture here?
IMG_2781.jpeg

I took the 3 screws out. Do I have to disconnect the gas line from the valve going to the burner?

No. I thought there were 4 screws, but I believe the burner should just pull towards you to disconnect the tube from the air shutter. Then it should lift out.

Last edited: