6039 shutting itself down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mattwade808

Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2009
Central IL
I've owned the stove for a few months and only burn it once a week when in the garage. When I got it home I took it all apart and cleaned it and installed it with new vent pipe. It ran great for a couple of months with no problems. Again, only 6 hrs once a week or so. It began going out on it's own after about 10 minutes and I can't figure out why.

The room blower comes on when it gets to temp, but then the fire slowly dies. The exhaust blower continues to run as it should and pellets are still dropping. I pulled the blower and cleaned it again as well as cleaning the dusty snap discs. Burnpot is clean. I jumpered the low limit switch and tried running it but nothing changed. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

I've owned the stove for a few months and only burn it once a week when in the garage. When I got it home I took it all apart and cleaned it and installed it with new vent pipe. It ran great for a couple of months with no problems. Again, only 6 hrs once a week or so. It began going out on it's own after about 10 minutes and I can't figure out why.

The room blower comes on when it gets to temp, but then the fire slowly dies. The exhaust blower continues to run as it should and pellets are still dropping. I pulled the blower and cleaned it again as well as cleaning the dusty snap discs. Burnpot is clean. I jumpered the low limit switch and tried running it but nothing changed. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Which control board do you have?

Outside air kit?

Any E-codes on the control board?

Thanks for the replies guys. I have the old control board, showing no messages, and no outside air kit. It heated great until last weekend.