62F this weekend in WNY!!!! Time for a Log Load!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
I know most with think I'm nuts...but Friday morning a Log Load of Poplar will be dropped on my front lawn $150 can't say no. Do I need it? No...Do I want to process it?...... No Do I really want anything to do with it? No....Am I still going to get it???? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another wonderfully delicious warm 10-12 face cords to store away!!!

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Sounds like a deal to me. May break the record of 71 Sunday and I am going down into the woods to buck up a couple of big ones I have put off too long.

I am going to finish sawing up about a half cord of 6" diameter oak branches, I am then going to stack "holzhousin style" about 5.5 cords and through x-mas lights on it. Cant wait!!!

Thats a killer deal! Got any extra? I'm just south of SYR.

And yes,,the weather is amazing. Just night and early morning fires for me so far this year. I'm trying to convince my friends to un-winterize the dirt bikes for a day long ride!

I currently have enough wood for the next two if not three years. But yesterday at work I saw four or five locust trees that had fallen over from the root balls pulling up. I work for the electric utility it was on our right away we had trucks, trailers, and even a small excavator. Plus a small saw. Long story short and two cords of locust later I'm happy. My buddies even helping were even asking if I really needed it I said no but it's to hard to pass up locust. Better then just rotting next to the towers I say.

Reactions: NordicSplitter
Status
Not open for further replies.