66" wide alcove need stove sugestion/advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usmc1371

Nov 8, 2015
Pilot Rock, Oregon
Been reading this fourm for 3 stright days and what a welth of information! The plan is to install a free standing stove where the existing heatdisapator is. The alcove is 66" wide to the framing and 26 ish deep. I have been looking at the England 13nch or the England Madison if I can find one. The chase is the same 66x26 all the way up so should have plenty of room for new class A pipe from cieling up and double wall from stove to cieling. Is it feasable to install one of the two stoves I mentioned if not suggest one that is in the same price range please.
Still not sure what to finish out the inside of the chase with I like the look of tile but it's cheaper and faster to just sheet rock it. I guess it will come down to clearances as to and time/money as to sheet rock vs tile.

1,800 sq ft single story, secondary heat sorce, I have no problem extending the hearth/floor protection out into the room. I have been searching alcove installs all day and have seen some really nice work by some of the members here. Thanks for any advice.

66" wide alcove need stove sugestion/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.