6yr old Enviro Kodiak 1200 value?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokskrene

Nov 10, 2014
Maine
Hello everyone,
I am new to wood stoves and would appreciate some feedback. I have found a used Enviro Kodiak 1200, it is 6 years old, and according to the seller, its in excellent condition. I have been scouring the internet for used prices, its hit or miss really. I would be using this insert as supplemental heat for my house thats roughly 1500sq ft in size. Provided that this stove is in fact in excellent condition, is it worth $750 as listed by the seller. I plan on offering slightly lower, however I want to be reasonable. Thank you for all of your feedback in advance.

Aaron

Welcome. It's a good stove. If it has not been abused or overfired $750 is a reasonable price. Look for any cracks in steel or welds. Whitened paint and/or warped parts would be a warning sign. Good luck!

Reactions: Haven
I agree with BG. That is a little shy of half what they cost new now. And no sales tax. Check the baffle in the top to make sure it is in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.