$7 amd 2.5 Hours to make a work table for the shed!! See pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I had some plywood, nails and a few tools.

So I purchased 3 - 2x4x8 premium lumber at home depot for $7. With some plywood I had laying around and some nails, I made a work table for the shed!!

Support arm is cut at 45 Deg Angle to support inside corner. So the bottom of the support must be nailed to a 2x4 scabbed to the stud!

Table is 30" off the floor with one 45 Deg support. Top is 1/2" thick - 48" x 20" and fastened with wall board screws for easy removal . Not too big and not too small!! LOL

Edge of table overhangs a bit for professional look!

It is very strong too!

See pics below:
Click on PIC to ENLARGE!

Attachments

• TRHShedTable (1)sc.jpg
    TRHShedTable (1)sc.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 680
  • TRHShedTable (2)sc.jpg
    TRHShedTable (2)sc.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 651
  • TRHShedTable (3)sc.jpg
    TRHShedTable (3)sc.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 632
  • TRHShedTable (4)sc.jpg
    TRHShedTable (4)sc.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 602
  • TRHShedTable (5)sc.jpg
    TRHShedTable (5)sc.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 599
Ya got to love it and cheap too.

wingsfan said:
Ya got to love it and cheap too.

Yep and I got 3 folding chairs, the 1 in the pic and 2 more FREE at the local landfill!!

Nice! Let's see how long it takes until you can't see the top for the stuff piled on it! The rule seems to be that any horizontal surface collects things until it's invisible.

Good place for the mice to have dinner.

heat seeker said:
Nice! Let's see how long it takes until you can't see the top for the stuff piled on it! The rule seems to be that any horizontal surface collects things until it's invisible.
Yep save that picture, you'll never see that table top again

I love all of the electrical outlets...can't have too many of those!

Looks like a pallet project.

Jack Straw said:
I love all of the electrical outlets...can't have too many of those!

Yes, 10 - 20 amp electrical outlets 5 on each of the 2 20 amp circuit breakers in the shed's sub panel! In fact the outlet on the left of the bench is on one circuit and the outlet on the right of the bench is on the other circuit. So was just thinking that I could put 2 power strips on the front of the bench for some real power!! LOL

Attachments

• TRHShed270 (2)sc.jpg
    TRHShed270 (2)sc.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 890
Smoke Show said:
I see beer!

Yes, Dos Equis and Rolling Rock. The Rolling Rock helped me get the table done. After my friend finished helping we had a KFC bucket of crispy chicken and a Rolling Rock on the new table!!

heat seeker said:

Hmmm . . . must be a law of physics or something because the exact thing happens to me all the time with my workbench . . . I clean it up and within a few days or weeks it's back to being cluttered again. :)

My solution is the Two Foot Rule. I keep a 2' square on the bench clean to work on, and have conceded the rest to the Clutter Gods. Works for me.
It does get annoying when the piles start to avalanche onto my "clean area", though. Hazards of the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.