1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

70 degrees the other day now this. Winter not quite finished yet

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by lopiliberty, Mar 13, 2013.

1. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    picture165.jpg picture171.jpg picture174.jpg picture169.jpg
    ]
    Mother nature letting me know winter is not over just yet. After this blew through the sun came out and warmed up to 48 outside but as I type this its a total white out outside and the temp dropped to 37

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    We were nowhere near 70 but it did get into the upper 40's. Then yesterday afternoon things turned white again. Most of that is gone now though. A cold wind out there still.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

We hit 50 last week & weekend for a few days, dropping down to 13 tonight with it staying like that for 3 or 4 days, feels good to have a fire going.
  4. lopiliberty

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    Supposed to say cold for a few days with lake effect snow showers but then comes the rain this weekend which means no cutting wood:( As you can see from the temperature picture, I had a pretty good fire going _g
  5. thewoodlands

We like the low 70's, that 89 is not for us.
    ScotO and lopiliberty like this.
  6. thewoodlands

We hit 5 degrees this morning but it's jumping back up to 35 today so that will feel nice. Looks like we might get more snow this afternoon (quick hitter) but the bigger storm is coming in next week, it should mean more snow for us.
    ScotO likes this.
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I hear ya, Zappy. They are still shying away from telling us exactly what we are going to get.....I think it's because the weatherman is afraid someone will kill him if we get a snowstorm this late in the year!!
    zap likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

By this time last year this would have been my second or third week working in the woods. The end is near but Mother Nature wants the rest of March for a few more snow storms.
  9. Shane N

Shane N Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Central MN
    We still have 24"+ of snow outside. Supposed to get another 6"+ Sunday night. No temps above freezing in the 10 day forecast. We might have snow into May at this rate.
    lopiliberty and zap like this.
  10. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    I have a sister in law who lives in Fargo, they got hit not to long ago. They play avoid the Frozen tumbleweeds in their vehicles up there. It was around 10 on my porch this morning. My body got use to the warmer weather. ;hm Now it is adjusting.
  11. Shane N

Shane N Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Central MN

Nice. I'm in Fargo quite a bit.
  12. lopiliberty

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    Well just watched the local news out of Hagerstown MD, and to my surprise we are under a Winter Storm Watch for the potential for 6+ inches of snow Monday. I like snow but not this time of year. I want snow when its cold so it can stick around for awhile. Just looks like its going to be another mess. I thought it was time to get the lawn morrow out?
    zap likes this.
  13. thewoodlands

Weather Channel is calling for 8-12 for this area, I hope they revise it down, maybe send the rest to Overkill.

Looks like it will be more, 9-16 inches of snow so Tuesday will be a interesting day.
  14. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    We're getting similar yo-yo weather. Started the stove up again this morning. Welcome to spring.