1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syd3006

syd3006 Member

Loc:
    Northwestern Ontario
    Woke up this morning to 8" of fresh snow!!! Have been trying to post a picture but can't get it to work so am giving up. Filled the woodbox to overflowing when I heard it was coming. Got a nice fire going. Don't have to work till Monday. Birds are busy trying to empty their feeders outside my living room window. Church is just a 5 minute walk in the morning. Snow will be gone soon. Like an old freind once told me "might as well laugh as cry". Life ain't so bad...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    No 8" here but the wind is whipping with snow showers. Just fired up the stove since the furnace has been kicking on since last night.
  3. northwinds

northwinds Minister of Fire

Loc:
    south central WI
    I'll be firing up the stove again here too. Furnace has been turned off, but it's definitely chilly and windy.

For the next few days, I'll need the stove to take the chill off.
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Well, maybe...just maybe...our winter here is finally starting to give up. Should be in the mid-60's this weekend, though it's still below freezing every night, and will be for a while yet. Burning both stoves for a few hours every morning. Chance of snow/rain showers coming next week, with lower temps. I'm pretty tired of it, although I guess I can't complain too loudly, as there was no new snow on the ground this morning. Stay warm! Rick
  5. WoodMann

WoodMann Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Mexico
    OOFA! [​IMG] So much for global warming, eh.............
  6. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The longer trend is what needs to be looked at, not a couple year aberration. This large la nina event is quite the opposite of the huge la nino event of ten years ago. That year our bees swarmed, in late February! Never experienced that before. Now we are getting the opposite swing of the pendulum with a very strong la nina. These are related ocean cycles and not necessarily directly linked to atmospheric accumulations.
  7. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Delaware, Ohio
    Honestly, I'm still a little jealous of your snow.

It's beautiful here... blue skies and mid 60's... AND MY ALLERGIES ARE MAKING ME MISERABLE!!!

I think I'm going to be renting a splitter next weekend if the weather holds. Have a couple cords of wood in my driveway to get split and stacked.

-SF
  8. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    i am with you
  9. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    Syd: I have a sister in Ft.St James in the north of this province. only went to visit her once during the winter once in the past 30 years... too damn cold for me. When you have to walk slowly instead of running cause your lungs might freeze,that ain`t my kind of planet :blank: And just like you, they recently had more snow.

Therefore, my condolences.........
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I also see where parts of South Dakota got up to 20" of the albino rain... We had plenty this winter and need no more. But, our stove is cooking again too. Still, that is normal as we usually have to heat well into May. Glad I could get out and ride the bike during our recent warm spell. Now I can rest a few more day before hitting it again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.