1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

80$ electric bill down from 300$!!!!!!!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by fattyfat1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJ64

BJ64 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    never payed for a stick of wood in my life.[/quote]

And to add to that, I've never paid for a gym membership in my life either.[/quote]

That was great!

That may be coming back in style. There is a food service distributor in our area that built a new ware house for frozen foods. The chiller units are all natural gas fired and the coolant is similar to ammonia.

Where I work at they are building a huge chiller to hit temps of -40 to be used in an inline process. It will be natural gas fired also. I am not sure what the coolant will be but it has one heck of an endothermic condensation process. The product is traveling in a 2 inch SS line at 80 gallons per minute. It starts out at 104 degrees F when it hits the pasteurization system at 290 degrees F then drops to -40 F. All this happens in less than 240 seconds for the entire process and at 2500 – 3000 psi.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.