84 inch floor to ceiling clearance requirment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newguy777

Dec 4, 2014
I am nearing completion of my new nc30 wood stove install. But I ran into a little problem. I am using some telescopic lengths of Selkirk DSP and am at the 18 inch max extension of one of the sections but still need to go higher. Now I am faced with having to buy an additional 6 inch piece or put something under the stove to bump it up 2 to 3 inches.
So heres the problem/ question. Right now the basement floor to ceiling measurement is right at 84 inches. If I put the stove up, say 3 inches on top of a cinder block or something (until I can put in something more permanent) the "floor protection" that the stove is sitting on will be 81 or 82 inches.
So is the 84 inch clearance measured from the actual floor or from the floor protection that the wood stove is sitting on?
It really wouldn't make sense to say it is from the floor protection which is higher than the actual floor because all stoves are a different height anyways.

It will probably be ok. Give Englander support a call to verify. Whatever you use make sure it is solid and can't shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.