• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
After a lot of delays on a brand new saw I think its ready to go! The dealer has had it for the last two weeks wrong set up cause the clutch to blue and I mean very blue.....Should start milling first of next week if there are no more issue's knock on wood....

Jags said:
880 - yeah- sure you do. No pics - it never happened.

lol I have ran it just enough to waste the cluth! (ran it for less than a min.) Thats how strong this thing is.....Never seen metal so blue in my life......Starts very easy they had to put a new clutch and housing, chain and bar on the beast for less than a min. run time....Cant wait to see if its right and milling video's soon. (if the issues are all work out)

Jags said:
Did they have the wrong pitch clutch or something??

wrong gear drive.....and I check it and so did they the part# says its right but its NOT! I would guess its a 3/8 .050 instead of a .063 just a guesss though because the part # says its a .063 who knows they replace it all just haven't stuck into some wood yet.
Fills right runing it with no load. Its being turn in on warranty work.

It's about time you get it back.

MMaul said:
It's about time you get it back.

I bet they are tired of hearing from me! They know how many saws I buy and there first ever 880. It should be right just cant believe how much damage that did so quick. Loos like someone dip the parts in translucent deep blue paint.

unwillingLEE said:
Midas well have it bored,ringed,piped and ported while it's in there! :cheese:

lol not till I know the dang thang will cut a tooth pic! But I love your thinking....................................................

Jay , I can honestly say I am glad I dont own one . Hey did you get my PM ?

Bigg_Redd said:
MS880? Is that all? Why didn't you get a man's saw?

Yeah, like my MS88000.

Attachments

• MS88000.jpg
    MS88000.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 308
Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:
MS880? Is that all? Why didn't you get a man's saw?

Yeah, like my MS88000.

Little rough on the vertical cut! Just got out of the hospital with kidney stone if anyone can handle them thats just a sissy saw!

unwillingLEE said:
Running an 880 is like being on fire,,,,,, you must " start, drop, and roll" round over to splitter! :coolsmile:
Finding out quickly that after running a 880 makes the 460 a good limbing saw.

880`s ??? Are they made only for short people with lifted 4x4 trucks? Or can anyone buy them?

glenng said:
880`s ??? Are they made only for short people with lifted 4x4 trucks? Or can anyone buy them?

There made a little heavy maybe 2lbs heavy so keep that in mind...I cant afford a 4x4 I have an 880, And if your not affarid of 2 lb's you can own one!

Status
Not open for further replies.