8th Year Heating with Englander 25pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaudeen

Dec 7, 2014
Belleville, Ontario CAN
G'day...8th heating season with my englander 25 pdv..still original door gasket. Picked up a new one the other day, but there is nothing wrong with the original. Did a smoke test on the door seal...no leak what so ever. If it ain't broke mentality. Thoughts..??
original motors other than 1 new upper auger motor and had the convection motor rebuilt 2 years ago with new bushings. Great stove...knock on wood.

Where will the additional stove be located?

I also have an Englander 25PDV and have been burning with it as my main heat for 8 years. I personally don't use the "if it ain't broke" method when it come to my pellet stove. I, Like you, have had great luck with my stove and love that I can buy any part I may need for it, and watch a video as to how to install. Major components in the stove I don't worry about, until they do go, although I have bought a backup auger motor and have an extra convection blower on hand. But when it comes to gaskets and seals I'm more proactive. I disconnect my stove annually, take it out into the garage, hook it up to the leaf blower, and clean it thoroughly. At this time I also change the major gaskets, as in the door, lid and burn pot. I feel those are the ones that are abused the most, being as I open and close them many times daily, all winter long. I would have to say if you have not changed yours in 8 years, it would be just a good proactive thing to do in changing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.