90 + degrees and working on heat system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Ok It's over 90 degres out and I'm working on my boiler shed and puting foamboard and in floore pex in the shop floore. Is this sane or have I lost it completly ?

What if you had a million gallon storage tank and could rise it to say 100 degrees during the summer and then use a heat pump to suck the heat out all winter....no need to ever burn any fuel! I hear ya!

I just spent 2 days of my vacation redoing my boiler. It may seem crazy but I'd have to work a year to save that kinda dough.

woodsmaster said:
Ok It's over 90 degres out and I'm working on my boiler shed and puting foamboard and in floore pex in the shop floore. Is this sane or have I lost it completly ?
It's better than working on it in the middle of Feb and -20* out
leaddog

It certainly makes the mid-project beers taste better, doesn't it? Although....I like beers in the winter too. So maybe this is not a benefit of any kind...

leaddog said:
woodsmaster said:
It's better than working on it in the middle of Feb and -20* out
leaddog

Yes definatly, I rather sweat than freeze any day. It does make the beer taste better but, you have to stay hydraated so I usually wait till the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.