90# Rolled Roofing on sale for $19.95

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stejus

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
Central MA
www.bargain-outlets.com

Is 90# rolled roofing any good to cover wood piles? I know others have used rolled roofing material, but it may be thicker.

stejus said:
www.bargain-outlets.com

Is 90# rolled roofing any good to cover wood piles? I know others have used rolled roofing material, but it may be thicker.

Honestly, the stuff is garbage. That is why it is the price it is.
It may last a season or so, but it as it ages, it falls apart.
Better than nothing I suppose, until you have to get rid of it.

Thanks for the feedback. The more I research this on google, the more I see it's like a felt material and it sounds like it will not hold up or sheet water away.

Most guys recommend the rubber roofing, it also comes on the same type roll.
I think the 90# roofing will be brittle in the cold and very soft in the summer. It will get holes in it.

It needs to be nailed to an underlayment - like plywood.

It breaks real easy when it is freezing and gets rather soft in the sun in the Summer.
Add some wind, weather, animals or kids and not a very longlife.

stejus said:
www.bargain-outlets.com

It'll fall apart when you work it in the cold...go to plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.