1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

$90 / truck load seasoned wood.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by DavidV, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    The truck parked in front of Walmart (it's there every year), loaded neatly with wood to the top of the bed walls. $90. Same as last year I think. I remember a couple years back it was $70.so I guess that makes it about $270 a cord. kinda steep for around here but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will do it.

I still don't know how anyone can make money selling firewood. There is so much time and effort involved in processing it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sstanis

sstanis New Member

look at it this way. Yes can be labor intensive. However, alot of dealers get the wood for next to nothing. Let solar energy do the majority of the work. Just the start-up capital for the processor and dump truck can be prohibitive. But most tree guys already have that so they are one step ahead. Just don't trust man selling wood out of a truck. Much like people in NYC area who sell mattresses and oriental rugs out of the back of a truck. Ya get what ya pay for
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.